Last Quarter moves to Front Sales Champion
Invariably, the majority of business (including hiring) is conducted the last three months of the year. Several reasons exist for why this is the case.
Typically, larger companies are conservative throughout the year as they monitor expenditures vs. income. By year-end, however, many budgets must be spent or available monies will be lost. This is the primary reason for hearty expenditures at the end of the year.
As for entrepreneurs, they too, see a need for making purchases to enhance the following year’s productivity. In alignment, they keep a watchful eye on the newest technology to purchase that will help them maintain their competitive edge.
Another reason last quarter is so busy, is that gifts are to be purchased for loyal clients, collaborative peers, and good friends. Holiday parties hosted by employers sometimes require a gift exchange and social parties have you bringing a gift as well.
This brings up the subject of networking at holiday parties. Some people get so caught up with the “have-to-attend” events, that they forget the niceties that just might land them new clients. Even at social parties fruitful conversations have been known to produce new clients. Here are a few sales tips to consider:
- Greet the host of the party with a smile and a thank you for the invitation. If they have a few seconds to chat do so. Then take directions from the host for your next steps – literally.
- Just as with official networking events, find the friendly faces to have a breezy chat. Should you not anything in common, move on to the next guest. Ask how they know the host, if they work, and what they do or hobbies that catch their interest. , Actively listen as this is how new clients are born.
- Collect contact information of those you most enjoy, and follow up.
- Offer assistance to the host if you see some might be needed.
- Thank the host once again on your way you. Indicate you had a wonderful time.
- Follow up with both the interesting guest,(s) and the host.
By concentrating on conversations, with those guests who hold your interest and having an intelligent conversation, you will be headed toward the Smooth Sale!
Read Addtional Strategies and Techniques:Share on Facebook