Attract the Right Job or Clientele:
Anyone beginning a career or new project has a long journey ahead of them.
The road to success is a curved path with many forks in the road.
The forks symbolize the many decisions we make along the way. Each decision leads us to a different direction. Each path holds the unknown question of how it will play out. Our experiences may range from havoc all the way to exactly what we desire. Success blossoms by instilling strict values and priorities.
Over the years, I’ve come to realize it is our unique perspectives that affect both our decisions and actions. The consistency of our actions and decisions reflect who we are and what we hold to be important. Honesty is always the best policy. It’s more important than ever to turn down opportunities that aren’t a good match. Any hesitation or intuitive thought suggesting not to move forward is to be noted. Anything else has bad word of mouth going viral.
For example, I turned down an offer to contribute to a marketing piece. My expertise didn’t quite fit the information requested. The honesty about what I can share was appreciated. I was advised my insights will be included in the next piece.
- The Ultimate Guide to Winning Sales Conversations – Experts Weigh In; compiled by Gong
- What Will Matter In Sales In 2017?
- 8 Sales Experts Weigh In – By Pipedrive Introhive’s e-book
The public nature of everything we do makes it in our best interest to examine how we come across to others. An excellent use of time is to understand how we judge the better opportunities for moving forward.
Sometimes you need a person who listens and understands where you are coming from to help with difficult decisions. For this reason, I have launched the Smooth Sale Community to help those of you with five years or less experience in the sales profession or your entrepreneurship. The peer group, open training, and private coaching along with freebies delivered to your inbox are all designed to help you get on the fast track to the next level.
You will see my story appearing first. Scrolling down the page, you will see the three ways to participate. Your gift for registering is to receive recorded motivational tips during the week with more gifts to follow.
In advance of receiving offers of partnership, a new job, or a contract, know your criteria ahead of time for accepting. Values and priorities are to be in sync to move forward on the path to success. Should there be any doubt, figure out the why. Most often, it’s best to walk away because deep down you know something isn’t quite right.
Solidify the following in your mind and on paper:
- What you will not do for money.
- The types of people and companies with whom you prefer to work.
- The types of projects that have you motivated to continue persevering.
Promise to never deviate from the above list. When you surround yourself with your kind of people and work, life brings extended joy, and that is what makes everything worthwhile!
- Memorize your values and priorities.
- Remain committed to what’s most important to you.
- Stay true to the projects you most enjoy.
- Network with like-minded peers.
- Be honest about what you can and cannot do.
- Decline offers that intuitively do not seem right.
- Turn down offers that don’t quite match your expertise.
- Focus on the best-matched opportunities for time well-spent.
- Be motivated by those surrounding you.
- Celebrate success!
Following these guidelines will lead you to the Smooth Sale!
P.S. Send us your sales related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org