Purchasing A Car Requires Selling Your Last Offer
The last week of the year is the best time to purchase or lease a new car. Salespeople and their management are under pressure to sell their quota of cars to make their bonuses. Their bonuses are hugely important to them. Therefore, the last few cars sold this week do NOT need to have a lot of cushion in your buy offer. This week, the sale is more about the salesperson selling their assigned quantity of cars.
These facts literally put you in the driver's seat for getting what you want at you price!
As you decide on the make and model that you desire, a salesperson will approach. You will be walked to their office space. The salesperson will provide their "best" offer at which it is up to you to "counter-offer" with a lower price. Here are the listed steps for ease of reading:
1. State your desired price lower than you expect to receive. By doing this, they will counter offer with a price much closer to what you wish to pay. But don't jump at it unless it's on target.
2. The salesperson will say, I cannot let it go at your price and here is why…
3. You patiently say, "I can appreciate you are unable to grant my request, so please introduce me to someone in management who will be able to"
4. You bring something such as a book or video game to occupy your interest while you very patiently wait. It could take hours.
5. Be prepared to be firm, respectful and get the car at your true desired price
6. When the manager appears and says, "We can't do that" - offer all the reasons why he/she should be glad to get rid of the old model that no longer belongs on their lot
7. Should you be willing to purchase a used car, go to a lot that doesn't typically sell that make eg. Purchase a BMW on a Nissan lot – you will get a much better deal!
8. Be prepared to walk, show no emotion and stand firm.
9. If the first car lot refuses your offer, try the next.
10. All selling (purchasing included) requires patience and perseverance.
Should you pursue Tip #7 – your negotiating strategy would be to say something similar to, "This car doesn't belong on this lot, so let me do you a favor and take it off of your hands so that you may focus on your prized cars."
Whils these tips do not have much to do with acquiring clients or that prized job, they do provide additional negotiating practices . You will need to negotiate a package upon hearing HIRED! You will have to negotiate with prospects converting to clients. Negotiation becomes a way of life for all you do.
For more information on Negotiation read:
And if you are in the car hunting mode right now, this is intended to be of help and possibly a gift for helping you get what you want. Wishing you always a very Smooth Sale!Share on Facebook